Book of the month
Changing the Climate
Applying the Bible in a climate emergency
The climate crisis is one of the most important issues of our time, threatening lives and livelihoods. The Bible teaches us that God the creator put humans on the Earth to take care of it; to show love to all, and to care for the poor and vulnerable. This resource for families and churches shows how the Bible is relevant to environmentalism. Each chapter looks at a particular Bible passage, connects it with climate action, poses questions and suggests practical steps that can be taken.
Explore Living Faith
- Browse our wide range of resources on prayer, Bible reading, Christian life and practice and church mission and ministry
- Sample one of our five series of Bible reading notes
- Check out our Holy Habits discipleship programme
- Connect in to our events, including online home groups
- Sign up to the Living Faith blog or follow Living Faith Ministry Lead Olivia Warburton on Twitter @OliviaWBRF
Seven Sacred Spaces
Too often people’s understanding of and engagement with ‘church’ is reduced to corporate worship, when it is so much more. George Lings identifies seven elements in Christian communities through the ages, which when held in balance enable a richer expression of discipleship, mission and community.
The following worksheets are designed to help you go deeper with the seven sacred spaces. They can be used in a group or in a one-to-one meeting, and with children and teenagers.
- An introduction to the seven sacred spaces
- Seven sacred spaces: follow-up material
- Seven sacred spaces: in harmony and distorted
- Seven sacred spaces: virtues and vices
- Seven sacred spaces: introductory questions
- Seven sacred spaces: digging deeper
- Seven sacred spaces: their roles
- Seven sacred spaces: what is their overall shape?
How your donation is helping us make a difference
Our vision is to be able to create new content and make the most of our existing content, both print and digital, paid for and free, reaching and resourcing the widest possible audience.
- In 2021 we produced the Easter Story Booklet for families. With the help of generous donors, we were able to send many copies to churches free of charge.
‘A superb resource. If I were still a minister of a local church, I would ensure that every family in my church received a copy!’ – Church Matters, Paul Beasley-Murray
- Our Resource Hub contains tried and tested materials and ideas produced by the BRF staff team over the years, offered totally free and funded exclusively by donations. The hub was visited over 80,000 times in 2020.