The videos, produced as a collaboration between Jerusalem Productions and BRF, are ideal material for use in the classroom to help children explore the impact and significance of the nativity for Christians. The videos will also work well in churches where this ‘nativity with a modern twist’ will prompt children and adults think afresh about the story.
We have developed a set of creative activities to use in conjunction with each of the nine videos. These will enable children and adults to work with the Christmas story in a thoughtful and fun way. In the material for each episode, you will find:
- Suggestions to get groups talking about the video
- Discussion starters for small group work
- The Bible story in contemporary English with reflective questions
- A word search
- A choice of activities for topic work on the theme of the video(s)
- Drama activities that explore the theme
- A set of final reflective questions
- Links to further ideas, resources and books available from the Barnabas websites
The resource material is available to download as individual PDF documents.
We recommend that you view all nine episodes of The Adventures of Mary and Joseph – The Road Movie (see them on YouTube) before looking at the accompanying resource material.
- Resources for Episode 1: The Angel Gabriel visits Mary
- Resources for Episode 2: Mary visits her cousin
- Resources for Episode 3: The journey to Bethlehem
- Resources for Episode 4: No room at the inn
- Resources for Episode 5: The birth of Jesus
- Resources for Episode 6: The shepherds
- Resources for Episode 7: The wise men
- Resources for Episode 8: Escape to Egypt!