Write for us
Information on submitting unsolicited material to BRF
While around 90% of what we publish at BRF is commissioned, we are prepared to look at unsolicited material from prospective authors. If you are interested in sending us a proposal, we ask that you do the following:
- Before contacting us, check out what we publish and what we have already published - visit the BRFonline shop. Does your proposal fit our publishing categories? If not, look elsewhere. For example, we very rarely publish anything along the lines of a 'my personal story' book, poetry or illustrated books.
- Please note that all our Bible reading notes are commissioned and have no space for unsolicited material (with the exception of The Upper Room Bible reading notes).
- We publish resources for prayer and spirituality, Christian leadership, Christian life, and children's work in schools and churches. If your proposal is for one of these areas, please write to Editorial at BRF or editorial [at] brf.org.uk (subject: BRF%20book%20proposal) (email editorial [at] brf.org.uk) outlining its subject, length and intended audience.
- With your letter or email, include a sample few pages from your work. Do not send us full manuscripts unless asked to do so.
- We do ask that you send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for return of your sample material, if necessary.
- Please note that if we have turned down a proposal, we cannot enter into further correspondence about it.
- Do bear in mind that a particular subject or story can often be covered equally well in a feature for a Christian magazine or newspaper, so don’t only think in terms of writing a book!
- For a listing listing of Christian publishers and publications visit the Christian Resources Directory. The Writers and Artists Yearbook (published annually and probably available in your local library) is an invaluable source of information for the general publishing and magazine market.
- If you would like to know more about the publishing process, an outline is available for download.