Working for us
Thank you for your interest in working for BRF. Please follow us on twitter to be kept up to date when there are new vacancies.
BRF are recruiting volunteers
BRF is a Christian charity with a desire to enable people of all ages to explore the Christian faith and to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ, through Bible reading, prayer, spirituality and discipleship.
We're currently recruiting a small group of Local Representatives who will work with us on a pilot project. From September 2013 to April 2014 we are looking to increase our attendance at Christian events, running bookstalls and making our resources available to a wider audience. We are also looking to proactively explore sales opportunities in churches.
We are looking for people who can...
- Be available for training and preparation during June - September 2013
- Be available to attend a minimum of three events between September 2013 - April 2014
- Commit to finding at least three other opportunities to sell BRF resources in local settings (church, midweek groups or other outlets) between September 2013 - April 2014
- Through feedback and recording of sales, contribute to the project evaluation process.
Local Representatives must...
- Have a desire to be used by God to encourage Christian discipleship
- Have energy and enthusiasm and the ability to recognise the value of the Bible in everyday life
- Be able to appreciate the benefits of BRF resources and their impact in terms of Christian growth
- Have the ability to build a BRF knowledge base, understanding how resources and initiatives can be used / to whom they're suited
- Be flexible and able to commit time to the project - attending events typically at evenings and weekends
- Be willing to commit time in advance of events for preparation / learning
- Have great people skills and a desire to deliver excellent customer care
- Be competent and confident with cash and stock handling
- Be a good communicator
- Be willing and able to travel and preferably with access to a car and full UK driving licence
Terms & benefits
This is a voluntary role but a small contribution towards expenses will be available and Local Representatives will receive a free set of Bible reading notes and books. Full training will be given.
- Download the full specification (PDF)
- Email Tracey Ryland (tracey [dot] ryland [at] brf [dot] org [dot] uk) to apply